Tuesday, May 21, 2013

You deserve a break...

Yesterday I was offline because I bought a new laptop and Thad had to transfer all my info over from the old laptop. The process took longer than anticipated so I was without my laptop for most of the day. At first I was a little anxious about being disconnected until I realized that I had an entire day untethered from my constant distraction! It was sort of exciting and as silly as it sounds, I felt FREE! I went to the gym, went to lunch with my husband, practiced piano then went to my lesson, mowed the lawn, meditated, mailed packages and even took a little walk. It felt great to not worry about checking emails, facebook, tweets, and instant messages. I think I forgot what it was like to be "offline." (I did have my iPhone with me the entire time, but I made a point not to check it.)
Do you need a break from the computer? Personally, I do most of my work online with clients so I couldn't go too long without it, but I think we all need a break from it once in a while. So if not today, at least plan a day to be "offline." Take a break from the online distraction, do things in "real life" and Live Inspired Now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment