Sunday, May 19, 2013

Are your relationships healthy or stressful?

A few days ago I picked up my bestie Dawn to give her a ride to pick up her car at the repair shop. As is always the case with her and I, we took the long way and stopped for tea and did some shopping. I was really excited to talk to her, I was having a super great day full of good news and exciting new things. Which included, THIS blog being added to my local newspaper The Citizen.
After, laughing, shopping, getting caught up on events in our lives and more laughing, it was time to part ways. (I truly don't understand why we are not comedians, we are hysterical... at least WE think so!) We hugged as we always do and I said "Hanging with you was the best part of my day!" Knowing what a great day I had, she stated, "well not the best part." I stopped, looked at her and said, "Yes, yes it was. None of my good news matters at all if I don't have anyone to share it with." She "awwwed" and we both went on our way.
As I was driving home, I thought more about this simple yet profound concept. Isn't it true that the things in our lives matter because we can share the excitement with someone. I would still be happy alone, but it would be far less exciting without someone to share the news with. I am so very blessed and grateful that I have such good relationships in my life. Friends, family, kids, colleagues, mentors, coaches and of course my amazing husband Thad. It is really true.... the quality of your life is in direct proportion to the quality of your relationships. If you are struggling with the stress of strained relationships, get help today, don't wait! Do YOU have someone really important to share all your news with? Today, upgrade your relationships, make sure they are healthy and happy and Live Inspired Now!

PS: I am a relationship expert! If you need help creating or recreating bonds in your life, don't wait, connect with me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment