Saturday, November 3, 2012

Compassion over tolerance...

I don't believe in tolerance, I prefer compassion. To me, tolerance sounds like "Yea, I can't stand you but I put up with you." Compassion on the other hand sounds to me like "I care about you as a person and wish you well." Maybe it is just semantics but I prefer to offer compassion to other humans. I may not agree with what they believe in but I don't think I have to. I don't think I have to change anyone or convince another person to believe what I do. Politics, religion, morality or whatever the topic, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that has no bearing on me which is why I can remain compassionate. I hope I am never just "tolerant," I hope I am always compassionate to my fellow man no matter who they are or what they believe. You never know what another person is going through, dealing with or working on, so today, try compassion and Live Inspired Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment