Thursday, January 24, 2013

Every day opportunities!

I love this quote by Orison Swett Marden about opportunities! I cannot tell you how many great things have happened in my life that started as just every day common occasions. From meeting my husband to getting jobs to helping a stranger... all of those things turned into life altering events or opportunities for greatness yet at the time, they just seemed like regular every day occurrences. One of these days I will post my transformation story but it is too long for today, but the shortened version is one day, many years ago, I decided to get off the couch where I was to enjoy a nice relaxing and much needed nap and that decision forever shaped who I am today. Had I traded the workshop I was to attend for that nap that I wanted, I might not be sitting here writing this today! Opportunities are all around us, all of the time, you just have to open up to them. The very BEST opportunities we get each day, are meeting new people. Our lives are only as rich as our relationships. Accept every chance to meet or talk to someone new! Every single person in our life is a valuable resource; they are a wealth of personal stories to learn from, they are an index to a whole new community and they may open your eyes to new experiences! So today, look at every common moment as an opportunity to do or be something great, step out of your comfort zone and Live Inspired Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment