Sunday, December 23, 2012

Vigilante Philanthropist...

"A what?", you might ask. I use this term to describe people, like myself, who donate or give to others without going through an organized system or charity. In other words, you might give money, goods, food or offer services directly to people in need rather than giving it to a known charity. Charities are great and I support many, but I also very much love giving to people that I know are in need. Not to mention,  many people who are in need will not seek any type of charity or help.
There are so many ways to help people directly. You can send gift cards in the mail, drop off food, toys, wood or other heating sources, give a salon day for a single mom, bring warm clothes to the school, drop off blankets or coats to a homeless person... the list is infinite.
Today, I am going out with 2 friends and we are dropping off a full Christmas dinner to a family in need. I can't tell you how much fun it is and how much satisfaction you will get by helping someone in need. It doesn't have to be anything huge... every gift from the heart is priceless. So today, try it for yourself, be a bad-ass vigilante philanthropist, do it anonymously, if you can, and Live Inspired Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment