Thursday, December 27, 2012

Set a fine example...

Thad and I took the kids on Christmas day to volunteer serving meals to the needy and this is what our daughter Madison posted on facebook that same evening.
"Today I got the opportunity to help out people who are less fortunate and don't have any family really to spend Christmas with. Today I was their family, and to know I made their day that much better makes my whole life that much better. I want to be able to devote my life to always helping people, because it is honestly such an amazing feeling."
This is why we should always set a positive example for our kids and let them get involved in making a contribution. Kids are highly impressionable; which would you rather they learn from... your life experiences or Jersey Shore on television? A woman I met at the community center that day said "Lessons are caught not taught" after she complimented us on bringing all of our children to help. It is true... you can try and teach a kid how to act or what to do but ultimately, they will mirror your behavior. So today, set a fine example for your kids, not everyone has to volunteer but be sure that whatever you are doing, it is something you wouldn't mind your kid doing as well and Live Inspired Now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment