Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yes Ma'am!

I was on the phone yesterday with a friend and he asked me to hold on while he placed his drive through order. At the end of the order, the attendant said something and I heard my dear friend say "Yes Ma'am." He got back on the phone and I mentioned how I don't hear that very often at all and praised him for being so polite and respectful. I hear all the time people (especially teens) talking about wanting respect but what are they doing to earn that? If you want to be respected, act respectful. If you want to be taken seriously, be professional. If you want to feel important, make yourself an asset to other people. Nobody get respect by acting like they belong on a Jerry Springer episode. Treat people with a higher level of respect and dignity than you desire. "Yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir," are great ways to start showing respect for your fellow man. Earn respect today by being respectful yourself and Live Inspired Now!
PS... Tony, stop eating at McDonalds!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment