Wednesday, October 2, 2013

15 Ways to promote Creativity!

cre·a·tiv·i·ty: [kree-ey-tiv-i-tee]

There are many benefits to being creative! The act of creating can be a stress reliever, and an amazing source of self expression. It is important to make time to be creative, to shut out the world and get in touch with your deeper self.

Do you have those moments or places where you always seem to have great ideas? For me, it is in the shower! I seem to do my best thinking in there and that is because  I am relaxed and allowing myself to be open to ideas and concepts. I even keep my phone near the shower so as soon as I can get out, I make a note of the ideas that I thought of. There are many ways to open the flood gates to creativity!

Check out this list and see what works for you to get your creative juices flowing!

Meditation (sit in silence)
Showers
Body movements; dance, skip, sway, exercise, yoga, move with music
Read; especially inspirational stories of accomplishment or perseverance
Talk long walks in nature
Listen to music
Try an art: painting, drawing, sculpting, crafting
Check out what others are doing...pinterest.com, etsy.com, craft shows, HGTV, craft magazines
Try something new; even if you don’t know how to do it
Sit someplace weird to get new perspective; lay on the floor, sit upside down on couch
Re-arrange your office/work/living space
Change your routine; drive a different way home from work
Create “crappy” works of art; just to get you started
Drop delusions of perfection
Hang out with creative people

Be sure to make time to be creative! It can be very therapeutic and is actually good for your health! Schedule some time for creativity, have fun, and Live Inspired Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment